Here is a list of blackjack game variants, which you can find in all online casinos. The game, mostly, is always the same. The goal is of course to get a score of 21 or as close as possible, perhaps managing to achieve this score already with the first two cards, getting the blackjack. On the page of each variant, you can play free blackjack, in order to understand the rules of each version and be able to practice in that particular game, also understanding whether it will be cheaper or less than the other versions.
- Blackjack 21 online. Here you will find a classic version of this splendid card game that is played online. This will be the traditional variant, so you can learn the general rules of Blackjack well and practice the traditional game, the one you will find in every online casino and that you can also play with your friends. The goal will of course always be the same, achieving the score of 21, but you will find differences between the other variants and this one. These differences will mainly be in the payout odds and at certain stages of the game. About the odds. In the traditional game, in this version then, Blackjack is paid 3 to 2, practically one and a half times your bet. You will have a chance to make sure of the dealer’s possible Blackjack and you can split.
- Blackjack Surrender online . This version is a lot of fun, especially for the fact that it speeds up the games you can play, since you will be able to play multiple hands at the same time. In fact, you can bet on all the circles available at the table you are on and also choose different bet amounts for each position. Here too Blackjack will pay 3 to 2 and you will have the opportunity to insure yourself, for each hand played or even for just one of them. If you prefer a faster game then this version will surely have a lot of fun.
One of the first math-based blackjack strategies was the card counting strategy, which appeared in 1962 thanks to the efforts of the American mathematician Edward Thorp. In his book “Beat the Dealer” Thorpe described several strategies for playing blackjack successfully. Most of these strategies are no longer relevant, as casinos are on their guard and successfully take countermeasures against gamblers trying to evade the dealer in all possible ways. But the strategy of counting cards, despite the advanced age, is still one of the main and fundamental principles for playing blackjack effectively.
The essence of this strategy is very simple: Thorpe managed to mathematically prove that by monitoring the cards that come out of the game, players are able to consistently win at the casino. The method proposed by Thorpe is that players during the game of blackjack should keep in mind which cards have already come out and which ones are still in the deck. The more high cards (starting with 10 and ending with the ace) left in the deck, the more the player has a chance to win or even put together the winning combination, blackjack. The strategy only applies until the next hand shuffles the deck. In this case, of course, card counting has to start all over again.
The card counting strategy is necessarily based on the observation method, but it is also possible to use the advanced (but very simple) method which provides for the assignment of a certain value to each output card. The rules of this procedure are as follows:
- high cards (ten – aces) are assigned the value -1
- low cards (two – six) are assigned the value 1
- seven, eight and nine are assigned the value 0